2017 SuperQuest – Eugene
Lane ESD, August 2-4
1200 Highway 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402
- Chromebooks in the Classroom – Chromebooks are the perfect tool for collaboration, content creation, and working with Google Apps in the classroom. This course will introduce participants to effectively using Chromebooks with students, focusing on integration, management, student engagement, and specific project examples.
- Creative Coding, Scratch & Sphero – This workshop will focus on computer science apps, tools and curriculum geared toward 2nd-7th grade.
- Exploring Computer Science – Want to learn more about Exploring Computer Science? Maybe you want to offer the class at your school in the future. Here is your chance to learn more.
- FTC Robotics – This class will explore FIRST(tm) Tech Challenge (FTC) robotics and how it can integrate into your 7-12 classroom or after school program.
- Gamify Your Classroom!!! – In this workshop you will learn how to use the most motivational techniques of gameplay to create a collaborative and creative classroom environment where learning comes alive for your students.
- Hands-On Physics Instruction Using VPython, Arduinos, Underwater Robots and More – We will focus our workshop on using an Arduino Microcontroller to construct a mini-underwater remotely operated vehicle that will seek out to hover at a desired programmed depth. We will introduce you to the VPython programming language, share how we use computer programming and microcontrollers in our classes, and how our students use Arduinos for fun, research, underwater ROV’s and general exploration.
- LEGO Robotics – Level 1, Programming – Are you interested in Robotics possibilities for your students? Using the popular LEGO system we will learn how to build simple robotic systems, including programming and access to various contests.
- LEGO Robotics – Level 2, Mechanical – You will build and program a series of LEGO mechanical apparatus that, combined with motors or sensors, allow us to accomplish tasks.
- Teaching College Prep Computer Science –Want to teach high school college prep computer science? This workshop will combine pedagogy as well as course content for teaching a semester or full year CS course.
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- Wednesday Aug 3 TBA
- Thursday, Chris Stephenson, Google Ed
- Friday, Aug 5 TBA
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
1200 Highway 99 N
Eugene, OR 97402
Locale & Accommodations
- TravelOregon on Eugene and the surrounding area
- Visit Eugene Cascades Coast
- Recommended hotels : consider Junction City