2017 SuperQuest – Southern Oregon
Rogue CC/Table Rock Campus, August 15-17
7800 Pacific Ave, White City, OR 97503
pp Inventor – Learn about using MIT’s App Inventor to teach computer programming through engaging projects students can run on Android devices (or on computer based emulators).Cancelled
- Chromebooks in Your Classroom – Chromebooks are the perfect tool for collaboration, content creation, and working with Google Apps in the classroom. This course will introduce participants to effectively using Chromebooks with students, focusing on integration, management, student engagement, and specific project examples.
Code.org for K-7 & Exploring Coding Resources – We welcome elementary school teachers and middle school teachers (new to computer science education) to sign up for this free, high-quality professional development workshop from an experienced computer science facilitator. The workshop will provide an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities.Cancelled 3D Printing & Digital Design– Effectively incorporate 3D Printing & Digital Design into your curriculum. Learn how to utilize vinyl cutters, lasers, 3D printers & scanners.Cancelled
- Gamify Your Classroom!!! – In this workshop you will learn how to use the most motivational techniques of gameplay to create a collaborative and creative classroom environment where learning comes alive for your students.
Java Programming in Minecraft – This course uses the popular game, Minecraft, as a inspirational platform for game design programming. The class will use Java in the Eclipse IDECancelled
- LEGO Robotics – Level 1, Programming – Are you interested in Robotics possibilities for your students? Using the popular LEGO system we will learn how to build simple robotic systems, including programming and access to various contests.
- LEGO Robotics – Level 2, Mechanical – You will build and program a series of LEGO mechanical apparatus that, combined with motors or sensors, allow us to accomplish tasks.
Making the Most of Mobiles – Join this hands-on workshop and explore some practical techniques for using iPads/mobiles in a classroom setting.Cancelled Scratch & Sphero for Middle Schoolers – We will look at Scratch, a free introductory computer programming language, then participants will transition to Lightning Lab, a comparable drag and drop program, and program a SPRK+ ball to navigate through a maze.Cancelled
- Seesaw: A Game Changer – Throughout the course I will teach participants how to set up Seesaw in their classroom, all of the creation features that are available, how this app can be used as a simple workflow, and offer many ideas for how to use Seesaw across all topic areas.
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
Locale & Accommodations
- Upper Rogue Chamber of Commerce Information
- Nearest hotels (info, not an endorsement):