2017 SuperQuest – Wilsonville
Clackamas CC @ Wilsonville, June 27 – 29
29353 Town Center Loop E, Wilsonville, OR 97070
- App Inventor – Learn about using MIT’s App Inventor to teach computer programming through engaging projects students can run on Android devices (or on computer based emulators).
- Chromebooks in the Classroom – Chromebooks are the perfect tool for collaboration, content creation, and working with Google Apps in the classroom. This course will introduce participants to effectively using Chromebooks with students, focusing on integration, management, student engagement, and specific project examples.
- Digital Design and Fabrication – Effectively incorporate Digital Design & Fabrication (DDF) into your curriculum. Learn how to utilize vinyl cutters, lasers, 3D printers & scanners.
- Exploring Computer Science – Want to learn more about Exploring Computer Science? Maybe you want to offer the class at your school in the future. Here is your chance to learn more.
- FTC Robotics – This class will explore FIRST(tm) Tech Challenge (FTC) robotics and how it can integrate into your 7-12 classroom or after school program.
- LEGO Robotics – Level 1, Programming – Are you interested in Robotics possibilities for your students? Using the popular LEGO system we will learn how to build simple robotic systems, including programming and access to various contests.
- LEGO Robotics – Level 2, Mechanical – You will build and program a series of LEGO mechanical apparatus that, combined with motors or sensors, allow us to accomplish tasks.
- Scratch & Sphero for Middle Schoolers – We will look at Scratch, a free introductory computer programming language, then participants will transition to Lightning Lab, a comparable drag and drop program, and program a SPRK+ ball to navigate through a maze.
- Teaching College Prep Computer Science –Want to teach high school college prep computer science? This workshop will combine pedagogy as well as course content for teaching a semester or full year CS course.
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration, Continental Breakfast & CS Pedagogy – Mini-workshops
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
- Clackamas Community College @ Wilsonville
29353 Town Center Loop E
Wilsonville, OR 97070
- Public Transit — Ridesmart and TriMet
- Visitor Information from the Chamber of Commerce
- TravelOregon on Wilsonville and the area