- June 7, 2016
- Posted by: Chris Winikka
Looking to build or refine a Web Design or Web Development course or unit of study? Want to enhance your own front-end development skills? The goal: expand a Professional Learning Community of Web Design/Development teachers and aficionados.
- Web Coding [Newport] Introductory Survey [for Newport Web Coding Workshop Participants only] – please try and take the survey before the Newport workshop
- Web Coding Workshop Resources – this link will be live during the workshop only
- Socrative.com – Click on the Student Login. The classroom key is SUPERQUEST. Then, enter your name
- NOTE: this will be used from time to time to get feedback from you and to take various surveys.
Downloads & Online Tools
- Atom.io – this is the best text editor ever, and it works on PCs, Macs, and Linux machines. It’s from the folks that brought you Git, and since it’s open source, many developers have create a number of useful add-on plugins.
- Gimp if you want a free PhotoShop knockoff
- Pixlr Editor for a free online image editor
- Vectr for a free online vector graphic tool
Chris Winikka always loved computers ever since he wrote his first program in the mid-80s on an Atari 800. Even though he majored in writing, he was drawn back to computers when a friend taught him to code his first website on TextEdit in 1995.