SuperQuest 2016 Newport
Newport, July 27 – 29
- ***Java Programming in Minecraft led by Terry Alexander
has moved to Redmond. We expect the EventBrite registration form to update on Thursday, June 16. Instead, we offer:
- Teaching Game Design led by Jill Hubbard
No experience necessary. Get your students making games instead of just playing them. Windows systems strongly preferred. More info coming from instructor.
- Web Coding led by Chris Winikka
build or refine your web design/development course or unit of study; enhance your own front-end development skills; and join our statewide community of web design/development teachers and aficionados.
- LEGO Robotics Grades 4-9 led by Don Domes
mostly aimed at grades 4-9, in either classroom or afterschool, whether to learn science or compete as a team. Instructor will send more info.
- FTC Robotics Grades 7-12 led by Dale Jordan
for educators and coaches, covering tech and team topics.
- Digital Design and Fabrication led by Wade Sims
FabLab? MakerSpace? 3D Printing? Laser Cutting? Bring it on!
- code.org for K-5 led by Susan Hamann
One day, July 27 only; registrants welcome for all Lunch and Learn
- Intro to Arduino led by Chris O’Brien
be introduced to Arduino components and programming, with a focus on exploration, skill-building, and the creation of useful devices for teachers to utilize in their classrooms.
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- Guest Speakers from Education & Industry TBA!
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
- Newport Middle School
825 NE 7th
Newport OR 97365
Locale & Accommodations
- TravelOregon on Newport and the surrounding area
Teachers from Oregon Coast STEM Hub participating districts — contact Ruth McDonald via email@example.com for possible housing and mileage reimbursement options.
- We are working on some less expensive housing options …