SuperQuest 2016 Redmond
July 13 – 15
- ***Teaching Game Design led by Jill Hubbard
has been moved to Newport. Instead we offer:
- Java Programming in Minecraft led by Terry Alexander
use the lure of creative changes to the popular game to inspire programming.
- Agile Software Methods led by Pete Steinfeld
Industry methods that work for robotics and other teams
- App Inventor led by Melissa Kessler
No experience necessary. Learn MIT’s App Inventor for Android devices (or computer-based emulator). Focus on middle and high school.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy, led by T Smith and team
Tools for classroom management and courses so students can fly past the limits of your knowledge, including Dual Credit options.
- LEGO Robotics Grades 4-9 led by Bob Eckstein
Mostly aimed at grades 4-9, in either classroom or afterschool, whether to learn science or compete as a team. Instructor will send more info.
- Intro to Computer Science led by Ryan Comingdeer
Little to no experience with CS? Come and learn about basics from an industry professional.
- Creative Coding led by Gretchen Raynak
July 15 only. Coding can be exciting and confidence building, and everyone can learn how. Please bring a laptop or iPad.
- Intro to Arduino led by Chris O’Brien
be introduced to Arduino components and programming, with a focus on exploration, skill-building, and the creation of useful devices for teachers to utilize in their classrooms.
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- Guest Speakers from Education & Industry TBA!
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
- Ridgeview High School
4555 SW Elkton Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
Locale & Accommodations
- Public Transit does not appear to be an option without a long walk.
- Redmond Chamber of Commerce Visitor Information
- TravelOregon on Redmond and the surrounding area
- Nearest hotels are on …