SuperQuest 2016 Southern Oregon
- Making the Most of Mobiles led by Gary Laipply
Ideas, tips, webtools, and apps for using iPads or other mobile devices in the classroom. Please bring your own mobile device, a laptop, and charging cables.
- Chromebooks in Your Classroom led by David Cosand and JP Newman
Focus on integration, management, student engagement with specific project examples.
- Gamify your Classroom!!! led by Tisha Richmond
Use motivational gameplay to create a collaborative, creative classroom environment. Design a gamified unit.
- LEGO Robotics Grades 4-9 led by Nikki Kolb
Aimed at either classroom or afterschool, whether to learn science or compete as a team. Instructor will send more info.
- Digital Design and Manufacturing led by Wade Sims
FabLab? MakerSpace? 3D Printing? Laser Cutting? Bring it on!
- Code.org led by Chris Bartlo
Instead of one Hour of Code a year, how about all year long? Day 1 on K-5, Day 2 on Middle School. No Day 3 at this time.
- VEX Robotics led by Greg Smith
For high school educators, and coaches, particularly those with Project Lead The Way experience. Bring a VEX kit if you have one.
- Intro to Arduino led by Chris O’Brien
be introduced to Arduino components and programming, with a focus on exploration, skill-building, and the creation of useful devices for teachers to utilize in their classrooms.
- Integrating Game Design and Development into your Curriculum led by Arian Kulp
No prior experience necessary. Learn from an industry professional.
- Graduate Credit process unique to Southern Oregon Superquest here: superquest_credit_2016
- 8:30a-9:00a Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00-1:30p Lunch-n-Learn (Meals provided)
- Guest Speakers from Education & Industry TBA!
- 1:30-4:30p Afternoon Session
- Rogue Community College Table Rock Campus
7800 Pacific Ave
White City, OR 97503
Locale & Accommodations
- Upper Rogue Chamber of Commerce Information
- Nearest hotels (info, not an endorsement):